- این موضوع خالی است.
نوامبر 22, 2020 در 8:35 ق.ظ #7963Bonita Elkinsمیهمان
American Horizons: U.S. History in a Global Context, Volume II
by Michael Schaller, Robert Schulzinger, John Bezís-selfa
- Author: Michael Schaller, Robert Schulzinger, John Bezís-selfa
- Release date: March 1, 2012
- Language: english
- Genres: history
- Format: paperback, 768 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
- ISBN: 9780195369533 (019536953X)
About The Book
American Horizons is the only U.S. History survey text that presents the traditional narrative in a global context. The seven-author team uses the frequent movement of people, goods, and ideas into, out of, and within America’s borders as a framework. This unique approach provides a fully integrated global perspective that seamlessly contextualizes American events within the wider world. The authors, all acclaimed scholars in their specialties, use their individual strengths to provide students with a balanced and inclusive account of U.S. history.
Presented in two volumes for maximum flexibility, American Horizons illustrates the relevance of U.S. history to American students by centering on the matrix of issues that dominate their lives. These touchstone themes include population movements and growth, the evolving definition of citizenship, cultural change and continuity, people’s relationship to and impact upon the environment, political and ideological contests and their consequences, and Americans’ five centuries of engagement with regional, national, and global institutions, forces, and events. In addition, this beautifully designed, full-color book features hundreds of photos and images and more than one hundred maps.
American Horizons contains ample pedagogy, including:
* America in the World, visual guides to the key interactions between America and the world
* Global Passages, which feature unique stories connecting America to the world
* Visual Reviews providing post-reading summaries to help students to connect key themes or events within a chapter
* Maps and Infographics that explore essential themes in new ways
MOBI ebook American Horizons: U.S. History in a Global Context, Volume II read online for Mac on Walmart. EPUB book American Horizons: U.S. History in a Global Context, Volume II by Michael Schaller download. Hardback American Horizons: U.S. History in a Global Context, Volume II Michael Schaller on PocketBook.